Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sunday Visits

On Sunday, I visited two churches and told them about all the great things God is doing at New Life Prison Church.  The churches were 1st Reformed of Sully and Federated Fellowship of Pella.  Overall I was very encouraged after visiting these two outreach-minded churches.  How awesome is the Body of Christ?





One lady I met at Federated Fellowship shared a verse or two from Isaiah 41 that mean a lot to her.  I want to tell you that these verses are solid gold and relate directly to prison ministry.  

  I have called you back from the ends of the earth, 
saying, ‘You are my servant.’ 
For I have chosen you 
and will not throw you away. 
        Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. 
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you. 
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 
                                  Isaiah 41:9-10

I especially appreciate the last line of verse 9: "I have chosen you and WILL NOT THROW YOU AWAY."  That is God's posture towards exiled Israel and that should also be our posture to the prisoner.  The despair of the prisoner is replaced by the hope and restoration of God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment