Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Meet Glenda

My name is Glenda Vander Leest and I am a member of the New Life Prison Church launch team.  I would like to introduce myself by giving you a little bit of my history.  I grew up on a farm near Pella, Iowa, attended the First Christian Reformed Church of Pella and graduated from Pella Christian Grade and High Schools.  When I married, I moved to Sully, Iowa, where my husband, Dwight, owned a business.  Dwight and I have been members of the Sully Christian Reformed Church all of our married lives, during which we brought four children into our family and church home.  


Today, our grown children, who graduated from Sully Christian Elementary School and Pella Christian High School before going on to college, have blessed us with twelve grandchildren.



I have always enjoyed being active in the Sully church, and am currently the church secretary, in addition to working part time at Vermeer Corporation in Pella, where my husband is also employed.




Christian Reformed Home Missions 

 
For several years, I have been a member of the Evangelism Committee in Sully, and a year ago I was selected to be a member of the Classical Home Missions Committee of Central Plains, which is how I became acquainted with Rick Admiraal.





I am very eager to begin the launch of a new prison church. Rick exudes enthusiasm that is very contagious and it is exciting to see what God is already accomplishing through Rick's work.   How the Lord's plan will unfold through this ministry in the coming year is unknown to us, but what a thrill it is to be part of this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment