Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ten Good Reasons

Sunday is my Ordination Celebration at Calvary CRC in Pella.  
(6 pm on the 6th for those of you in the neighborhood)  
It's going to be great.  I'll give you ten good reasons why:

#10 The Songs: Revelation Song, Hear the Call of the Kingdom, I am Free, etc.  The music will inspire.

#9 The Message: The Unchained Gospel

#8 The Word: "But God's Word is not chained." (2 Timothy 2:9)

#7 The Preacher: My Uncle Henry

#6 My Family on the Praise Team: Rose will sing and John will play the drums.

#5 My Family from Afar: My parents made the trek from NY, Rose's parents are up from FL and my brother Dave & family traveled here from Lincoln, NE.

#4 Friends from Prison Churches: Fellow servants from Church of the Damascus Road (Iowa), Cornerstone (SD) and Celebration Fellowship (MI) will be present.

#3 The Birth of a Church: In the power of God, New Life Prison Church will start Bible studies and prayer groups next week.  May the inmates be lifted up by the good news of Jesus Christ.

#2 A New Minister:  After the ordination celebration, I'll become a Minister of the Word and Sacrament in the Christian Reformed Church.  Pastor Rick - the new prison pastor!

#1 The Blessing: With arms raised high, I'll bless God's people before they depart to serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment