Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pedaling for Prisoners

A few weeks back I signed up to ride the RAGBRAI - Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa.  On July 24-30, we'll work our way across 454.2 miles of Iowa from West to East.  Can't wait.  The late July event will present its challenges: hills, heat and humidity.  Still it will be fun to pedal my bike along with several thousand others.


I'm not just doing this for fun but to raise funds for New Life Prison Church.  And I'm not alone - 4 other riders have committed to ride RAGBRAI while raising funds for New Life.  Should be a lot of fun as we pedal for prisoners.


Passing through central Iowa, the route is not far from Pella and Newton.  Day 5 is a 57 mile ride from Altoona to Grinnell.  Maybe some bike riders would like to do that day trek while raising sponsor $$ for New Life Prison Church.  Let me know before June 15 if you're interested....


This afternoon, it's supposed to be 62F.  Gotta get out there & ride!


I ride a Giant Defy 3 road bike - it's good exercise & great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment