Saturday, February 18, 2012

Baptism!

On February 9, EIGHT men were baptized in the prison gym.  This was during a worship service celebrating God's Love.  It was an incredible moment of new creation.  We hope & pray that this will be a life-changing event in the lives of each of the guys.  James commented that he feels like a new person.  He has recommitted to being involved in the weekly Bible studies and prayer groups.  Desmond has been diving into God's Word, discovering new insights that challenge our life-walk with Christ.  Overall, it was incredible to be at the prison that night.  I know that I personally was where God wanted me to be.  It was beautiful to say the Matthew 28 words, "I baptize you in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit."  My arm also got wet in the baptismal waters as I baptized 8 men - one at a time.  At the same time, the angels in Heaven were rejoicing as men made a stand for Jesus Christ!






1 comment: