Monday, October 29, 2012

Rough Places

On Sunday, I visited the Pella United Methodist Church.  I had the opportunity to make a powerpoint presentation about New Life Prison Community.  In addition, I invited the congregation to participate in the volunteer ministry or the prayer ministry.  Later in the service I listened to Pastor Jason's message based on Matthew 10:16 ~ Jesus said, "I am sending you out like sheep among wolves.  Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves."  Pastor Jason emphasized that our lives are so safe but God sends us out into the danger to spread the Good News.  Here are some things I wrote down.... "We have to bring the message to places that are pretty rough."  Also - "We need to bring Jesus Christ into it."  It's a message of grace for the city.  Cities he mentioned were inner-city Detroit, post-Katrina New Orleans, the prison in Newton, and Pella.  All those places are hungry and thirsty for the message of grace.  Pastor Jason noted that the message we bring is "life-giving, full of love and grace."  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment