Wednesday, April 10, 2013

John M. Admiraal


My cousin John came for a visit in mid-March.  
My cousin John biked across the USA a few years ago
It coincided with our worship-leading at the minimum security prison in Newton.  So we took the advance lead time and gained security clearance for John to join us at the service.  Here are John's reflections on his Sunday worship experience behind prison walls.


"On Sunday, March 17 I had the pleasure of worshipping with fellow believers at Newton Prison in Newton, IA. Pastor Rick Admiraal, with New Life Prison Community and aided in music by his wife Rose, preached a message on Lazarus’ resurrection found in John 11. The message related well to our upcoming celebration of Easter. I was inspired by both the message as well as the openness of the inmates to share prayer concerns that were close to their hearts. This opportunity during my trip to Iowa was the icing on the cake during a great extended weekend."

No comments:

Post a Comment