Monday, August 5, 2013

Visit from Sully CRC Intern

At our July worship service in prison, we had a visitor: Evan Steensma, a student at Calvin Theological Seminary who is serving a summer internship at Sully Christian Reformed Church.  Here is a letter he wrote me giving his impressions of the New Life Prison Community worship service.



>Hi Pastor Rick,

Yeah, I wanted to thank you for letting me be part of that service. I am not sure exactly what to write, but I will give a few of my impressions.

First, I thought it was neat to hear many of the prisoners participate in the worship, sharing their experiences, and showing the way in which their faith is changing their lives. Also, I enjoyed sharing with them in communion, and knowing that as I was participating with them in the Lord's Supper, these were the type of people Jesus himself often associated with. I think the prison is a place with needs God's grace, God's love, and people who are willing to help be the means by which God brings them.

I have just under a month now left in my internship, and so far it has been a very good experience.

Blessings,

Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment