Friday, March 9, 2018

The Key - Robbie Robinson

(Left to Right) Tricia Groves, Aaron Groves, Robbie Robinson, and Emily Robinson. 
Aaron & Robbie are the founders of DH517. 

Volunteer Spotlight - Robbie Robinson


1. Tell us about yourself & your growing family.

My name is Robbie Robinson, I’m married to Emily Robinson and we have 6 kids together. One is a newborn! I have been so blessed to be able to lead this family for the Kingdom of God. It is so much fun and crazy at times too!!
I am in full time ministry and my wife stays home with the little ones. I am the Founder and Executive Director of Discover Hope 517 Ministry. I’m also going to school for my Commission Pastor degree. God have given me such an opportunity to be a part of the mission for the Kingdom. Discover Hope have been an inspiration to me and a great way for me to give back. To make a difference one life at a time.


2. What did it mean to receive the key to the city of Newton?

Words can’t explain how it felt to receive such a reward. Not only was God glorified with receiving such an award, but God allow the ministry to lead the charge. I’m truly honored that God has allow the ministry to be known in the community and that it is making a difference in many lives. We believe that God is breaking the bondage of addiction. Jesus will become the face of recovery!!! There are so many that played a part in the growth and sustainability of Discover Hope. The leadership team of 12, all the volunteers that serve and give. All the financial partnership of individuals, Church partnerships, and Community support. Our heart is that God will continue to use Discover Hope to change lives in our community as well as surrounding communities. To change a Life, Is to change a Community!

3. How has Discover Hope 517 made a big impact?

God is using DH517 to set apart the unhealthy community and begin to focus on creating a place where lives and families can be healed and restored through the power of the Holy Spirit. Many peoples are coming to DH517 to seek something new. They are finding that in Jesus life can be redefined and true transformation can take place. Out with the old and in with the new! 2nd Corinthians 5:17. Our community center is a place where anybody can come and start their recovery, serve, build healthy relationships, grow spiritually, or just pray. It's truly a safe refuge for many who are looking to change their lives.

4. Why do you feel inspired to help men in prison?

What truly inspire me about going into the prison is the HOPE that it brings to the men. Being able to go in and encourage them to see that there is life outside of the fences. The opportunity to minister to their heart and allow them to see that in Christ all things are possible. My heart is with the men because I once was a prisoner. Getting out and living a NEW LIFE in Christ is so amazing. Redemption in Jesus Christ is what truly allows us to be defined by who God has called us to be and no longer by what the world says who we are. I know how much it means to have the volunteers come in and show the love of Jesus to you. It’s very inspirational.

5. What do you enjoy the most in your volunteering for New Life Prison Community?

The family and ministry opportunity. Being able to pray together and worship together. Going into the prison, the only agenda we have is to show the love of Jesus to the men and staff. This is an opportunity to give back what I so freely received. What New Life is doing in obedience to serve the Lord fulfills one of the commands. Thank You!!

6. What’s next for Robbie Robinson?

I will continue to serve the kingdom of God with all of me. I have been praying faithfully for God to continue to challenge me and grow me. I need to be equipped and also ministered to. I want to grow as a leader for God’s mission field. My heart is to plant and make disciples for the kingdom. Trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding; but acknowledge Him in all that I do and He shall make my path straight! Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment