Monday, April 25, 2011

Salvation Bracelet

Last night, I preached the Easter evening message at Calvary CRC.  It was a combined worship service for all the Christian Reformed Churches of Pella.  It was an incredible Easter service, concluding with the Hallelujah Chorus!


My message was called "Knowing Jesus on the Way" based on the Emmaus Road story at the end of Luke's Gospel.  The conclusion was the mission to Go and Tell the Good News that Christ is Alive.  On Friday I found this Salvation Bracelet at Calvary's parking lot so I used this as part of the message.  God's story is our story.  His Good News is Good News for us.  Christ is alive in our lives.



Black: My sins were black as night before Christ entered my life.
Red: Jesus shed his blood on the cross for me.
White: My sins are washed away.  In Christ, I'm white as snow.
Blue: I've been baptized!
Green: Christ has given me NEW LIFE!
Yellow: One day, I'll walk the streets of gold. **

On this Easter Monday, let's continue to live into resurrection reality.  Christ is alive in our lives today!

** My daughter reminds me that the two knots to the left and right of the beads represent two days: birth & death.

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Rick,
    We made the salvation bracelets in Children's Worship at the Maundy Thursday service. We talked about the meaning of each bead, the clear bead is for God's clear vision of our lives. It was great to see you use the bracelet as well.

    In His Service,
    Sharon Roose

    ReplyDelete