Monday, November 29, 2010

Encouragement from East Palmyra

East Palmyra Christian Reformed Church.  At this church, I professed my faith in Jesus Christ.  My parents are members of EPCRC and my friend Nick is their pastor.


Recently I received some encouragement from East Palmyra, New York.  My mom sent me a clipping from the East Palmyra Christian Reformed Church bulletin.  

Listed under the heading Our Praises and Prayers were printed these powerful words:  

Rejoice with Rick Admiraal as Calvary Christian Reformed Church of Pella, IA has called him as the new prison pastor.  Pray that Rick will be a faithful minister of the gospel among the prisoners and that God's kingdom will grow as many respond to God's call with repentance and faith.  

After a little bit of research, I found that Rev. Nick Monsma wrote the announcement.  Nick & I used to be carpool buddies at Calvin Seminary.  He & I both lived in the Holland/Zeeland area and commuted to the seminary in Grand Rapids together.  I give thanks to God for Nick's kind words.

I turned over the clipping from the bulletin and found this Word from the New Testament:

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.  
Philippians 4:13

Needless to say, I was greatly encouraged by both the announcement and the Bible verse.  Praise God!

1 comment:

  1. It's a joy to see the ripple effects, God's Word reaching out over distance and time to exponentially bring hope to lives in new communities beyond East Palmyra! It's very exciting to see how God has called you, another of His own, with roots in East Palmyra, to bring the Good News to a place He has prepared! Blessings on this challenging and special opportunity, Rick!

    ReplyDelete