Monday, November 29, 2010

Tulip Time Towns

Windmill on the Pella Town Square
While reciting the places I've been (see post below), I came to the realization that I'm connected with no fewer than Three Tulip Time Towns.














Currently, we live in Zeeland, Michigan.  Zeeland is right next door to Holland, which hosts its annual Tulip Time Festival from May 7 to 14, 2011. 


De Zwaan Mill on Windmill Island in Holland, MI

The windmill above is called De Zwaan.  It's located on Windmill Island.  My running buddies and I used to run over that old bridge and past the windmill.  I think it's about a mile from downtown Holland.

Orange City Windmill (Vogel?)


Way back in 1966, I was born in Orange City, Iowa.  I don't remember much about that town since my parents moved back to New York in 1970.  However, I did preach at Calvary Christian Reformed Church in Orange City on August 9, 2009.  It was meaningful to me because this was the church where I was baptized as an infant.  Orange City hosts its annual tulip festival on May 19-21, 2011.




The Vermeer Mill in Pella

Of course, now we're heading to Pella, Iowa.  Pella hosts its annual tulip festival on May 5-7, 2011. 
We've found a home to rent on Main, just north of the downtown square.  Calvary Christian Reformed Church in Pella will become the calling church.  My children will be attending Pella Christian Schools.  



It's about a 23 mile commute from Pella to the prison in Newton.  Pray that God will establish his church - The New Life Prison Church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment