Thursday, November 25, 2010

Give Thanks

On this Thanksgiving Day, I'm thankful to God for his goodness to us.  It reminds me of graduation from Calvin Seminary this past May.  My wife Rose & I were making decisions about the cake.  There were decisions to be made.  How big?  What type of frosting?  Pudding filling or cream?  Then finally, what should we write on the top?  It didn't seem enough to just spell out Happy Graduation! or Congratulations, Graduate!  Instead, this Word from the Psalms captured our gratitude to God and was spelled out in cursive on the cake.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
His love endures forever. 
(Psalm 107:1)


Today I could spell out a million and one things that I'm thankful for.  And maybe I'll still do that eventually.  But today I'll just share this song with you.  I couldn't get it out of my head when I rode my bike yesterday.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment