Thursday, January 20, 2011

Big Day ~ Please Pray

Friday is a big day so please pray!  On Friday night (Jan. 21), I will show up at Calvary Christian Reformed Church in Pella for my classical examination.  It is a special meeting for Classis Central Plains, in which delegates will decide whether I'm ready to be ordained as a minister of the Word in the denomination.  Right now my best suit is getting dry cleaned.  

And today I'm praying & studying the day away so that I'll be fully prepared for tomorrow's session.  They tell me it will go this way...

First step: listen to evaluators who have read and heard three of my sermons (New Testament, Old Testament, and Heidelberg Catechism).  By the way, the sermons were based on Hebrews 13, Genesis 40, and 2 Corinth. 5, respectively.  And all three touched on prison ministry at some level.  

Second step: answer questions from Pastor Art Van Wolde in the Practica section.  This step involves questions dealing with personal spirituality and practical pastoral matters.  

Third step: answer questions from Pastor Jeff Sajdak in the Biblical/Theological section.  Following those three steps, delegates representing the churches will vote.  

Pray that God will help me think clearly so that I will be set free to minister to prisoners.  May His will be done.  May His Kingdom come!

No comments:

Post a Comment