Friday, January 28, 2011

Getting Settled ~ in Iowa

One of the most popular questions we've received is this: 
So, are you settled?  It makes me feel like a pioneer, like one of the early settlers.  Sure, we did move West from Michigan to central Iowa.  But it took only 8 hours on interstate highways (I-80 mostly) instead of several weeks in a wagon train on two track trails.

Anyway, I digress.  Yes, we're getting settled in our new state and our new community and our new house.  This past week we took a big step in getting settled.  We put new license plates on our vehicles.  Now the Dodge Caravan and the Honda Accord both tell the world that we live in Iowa.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, at first glance I read your second sentence as, "It makes me feel like a prisoner..." I was curious how moving to Iowa made you feel like a prisoner! Glad to see that's not what you wrote! And I'm glad you and Rose are getting settled in our community :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting comment, Bev. Maybe a both - and is appropriate: It makes me feel like a Pioneer to the Prisoners.

    ReplyDelete