Monday, January 17, 2011

New Life!

Recently I received a letter from June V.H. of Third Christian Reformed Church in Zeeland, MI.  Third was our home church before we moved to Pella, Iowa.  June writes

     When I read the name of your new church, the words of this song immediately came to my mind.  The words are so fitting for prisoners and all of us as well so I felt impressed to find it, copy it and send it to you.  May God be closer today than yesterday and closer tomorrow than today!




Here is the song June found.  The words ring true - it fits!







NEW LIFE!
Words and music by John W. Peterson, 1963 Singspiration, inc.

Verse 1
Gone is the guilt of my sin,
Peace is now reigning within;
Since I believed, pardon received,
Happy, so happy I've been!

Chorus
New Life in Christ! Abundant and free!
What glories shine, what joys are mine,
What wondrous blessings I see!
My past with its sin,
The searching and strife,
Forever gone, there's a bright new dawn!
For in Christ I have found New Life!

Verse 2
Brighter the journey each day,
Tho there is much to dismay;
Heaven awaits - Bright pearly gates,
There at the end of the way.

Verse 3
Come with your sin-burdened heart,
Christ will his cleansing impart;
He will forgive - in him you'll live,
O how the joy bells will start.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this song lyrics. My problem is finding the sheet music that comes with this. All that is familiar is the tune of the chorus, but not the verses. It would be great to get a copy of the sheet music that has all verse and chorus.
    - jon365@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete